Home Register Manuals 164 Forum Interactive Library
Login

Little 164 Owners meet in Taiwan

For al the general information about the 164.

Little 164 Owners meet in Taiwan

Postby mkelf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:32 pm

After more than a year from my first post in here. Several 164 owners finally made our first meet in Northern Taiwan.

In Oct.20, I got up early, and went to parking tower for my ride. A thrilling feeling from my knees scramble to my whole body when the rolling door raise.

Slowly glide in the central business area of Taipei, shimmering streetlight at dawn and moisture fresh air woke me up quickly.

After refuel, I went to our first rally point at riverside. I'm the nearest one, but I was not the first to arrive.

It was a lightweight meet, we planned some 45 km drive on mountain road and 2 stop points. Four 164s went to a famous Bei-Yi Highway to stretch these saloon’s skeleton.

Most of time we just parked our 164 and talked about how fantastic of Pininfarina design, and how crap of MPG in city. We all agreed that driving 164 is wonderful experience, especially in a minor-aggressive pace. However, one of our member did use his 164 on track.

After another stop, we turned to a more curvy road and meet another 164 owner in a Freeway rest area.

Lucky we, some photographers caught our rides on the road and they generously agree to share the photo.

This is my ride, an original 24v QV. Former owner sale it to me and got another 12v. I didn’t place any tunning parts on it. This one even keeps its original electronic shocks.

Owner of this burgundy 24v Super got real passion, he uses one of his 164 as trackday toy. This Super is his latest trophy.

This black 12v QV was first QV in Taiwan. Owner swap facelift headlight and 24v engine. A set of red Brembo caliper and 17inch rim made this QV extremely stunning.

Fresh blood in 164 club, owner are so young with age under 30. He got a blue 24v Super for his father used to drove one. He repaint this car and made a lot of detailing work for interior.

After this meeting, we plan to attend another even bigger festival. In Dec.9, Alfisti of Taiwan are going to hold our annually Alfa Day in Central Taiwan. The problem is: which Alfa should I ride?
mkelf

Re: Little 164 Owners meet in Taiwan

Postby MikeCZ » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:08 am

Really nice report! And great to see that even in such remote parts of the world (meaning far from Italy :)) spirit of 164s still lives :)
Alfa Romeo 164 2.0 V6TB 1995
Ex: Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm 2007 berlina
Ex: Fiat Stilo 1.4 MW 2007
MikeCZ

Re: Little 164 Owners meet in Taiwan

Postby ALFAHEIDA » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Great report.
Thanks for sharing this!
Very nice photo's.

:wink:
Alfa 164 QV(Q) 24V '93 /Alfa 164 QV(S) 12V 3.5 Project '91 /Alfa 164 3.0 12V Automatic '89
ALFAHEIDA
QV 24V owner

Return to General