[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Alfa Romeo 164 Register.com • View topic - Long time road going 164 Q4 1994 project
Home Register Manuals 164 Forum Interactive Library
Login

Long time road going 164 Q4 1994 project

Post here your project, keep us all informed about the progress.

Re: Long time road going 164 Q4 1994 project

Postby alfa east » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:44 pm

I saw that too and it was a very enjoyable review! But disappointing that when he mentioned the Tipo 4 cars he omits the 164!
alfa east
3.0 V6 24V automatic

Postby Alfan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Just watched it - missing the 164 was, well, a miss...

But a nice review and he was smiling - as am I while driving my 8.32 at the moment :D
1994 Alfa Romeo 164 Q4 Proteo Rosso 550.000km
1989 Lancia Thema 8.32 Verde Indy 265.000km
2001 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0 24V Blue Lightning 55.000km
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione 85.000km
Alfan
Q4 owner

Postby Alfan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Alfan
Q4 owner

Postby AlfaWhiz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:57 pm

I've been through the head gasket situation myself some time ago as you recall... I can only cheer you up by saying that access to a lot of other components will be much easier with the heads off, so good time to have a closer look at the steering rack, starter motor, gearbox linkage bushings (highly recommended), etc. Will be good as new afterwards though. :)
AlfaWhiz

Postby Alfan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:07 pm

I will have to look at a look of different things and change the timing belt at the same time, so quite some work ahead.

I did run the tester last weekend, in particular for the 4WD and made a video of testing the pressure, which it fails. I would like to know if others have gotten the same behaviour, so have a look at the video here, please:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t7ftrl932n02 ... Bct9a?dl=0

The ABS light stays off, and I told another Q4 owner about the solution. He did the same thing and the light stopped coming on when driving, so I think we have confirmed this solution by now :D

Here is a photo from the last 'open garage' we had a couple of weeks ago - in good company :)
20180930_150944.jpg
Berlinas
Alfan
Q4 owner

Previous

Return to Projects