Home Register Manuals 164 Forum Interactive Library
Login

Q4 Viscomatic hoses (hydraulic lines)

Did you find a part on another type or make car that fits the 164? We love to hear about it!

Q4 Viscomatic hoses (hydraulic lines)

Postby AlfaWhiz » Fri May 12, 2017 8:47 am

If anyone did replace his Viscomatic lines with new, rubber hoses, please post the details here.

I've been already in touch with Alfan, the goal is to provide a comprehensive replacement guide, i.e. what exactly has to be used for which hose, what length, DIN/SAE norm, fittings, etc.

As I'll be replacing my hoses soon, I'd appreciate your input. I'm sure it will be very beneficial for all of us to have this written down so that everyone can just order the hoses according to the description and replace them easily.

Looking forward to your input. Thanks.
AlfaWhiz

Re: Q4 Viscomatic hoses (hydraulic lines)

Postby Alfan » Sat May 13, 2017 1:35 pm

You can have a look in my photobook. This shows the hoses and how they are connected to the accumulator.

community/fotoboek/showalbum.php?album=Alfan&sub=Q4%20hydraulic%20hoses

I don't know why the latest added photos are upside down, but it should be possible to get some sense of it...
1994 Alfa Romeo 164 Q4 Proteo Rosso 535.000km
1989 Lancia Thema 8.32 Verde Indy 260.000km
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione 60.000km
Alfan
Q4 owner

Postby AlfaWhiz » Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 pm

I've had a quick look on ePER and also under the car and to be honest it's not obvious to me how to exchange all the hydraulic lines without dropping the Viscomatic and fuel tank.

Those of you who already went through it, how was it done? Any ideas?
AlfaWhiz

Postby AlfaWhiz » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:32 am

Some news: if you are lazy, you can get all of the copper seals for the power steering and all Viscomatic lines via your Alfa dealer. They are still available. I've had 2 copper washers worth maybe 50 cents in total shipped from the Alfa warehouse in Italy. :D

I'll measure once I have a bit of spare time, so replacements can be ordered more easily.
AlfaWhiz

Return to Alternative parts