Thank you, guys! Means a lot that you follow and comment
164EVER 8 "gold" nuts are on the engine side. You need to take out the fan, climate unit, and wipers unit. Then you will be able to see all 8 nuts.
Alfaomegatron thanks a lot. Really happy that my work inspires you
1. An injector that I have cleaned and tested. I have listened to the sound of clicking and check how they spray. I wanted to test also with fuel pump and make test station how much fuel they spray in let's say 30 seconds. And then compare all 6. But since I am going to replace them with new EV6 injectors I won't do that for only some 1500km that I am going to use original ones. Why replacing them? EV6 has exactly the same flow and everything as original but is much quieter and 4 point spray.
2. Refurbished. I have some 3-4 more extra that I will refurbish and put for sale.
3. Do you mean 24V headers that I modify to fit 12V? I have made a device based on original OE headers and then made a flange measure diagram which I then gave to laser cut. And then I have taken all together to exhaust workshop, told them what to modify and they made it. Check photo bellow.
So. My next big update for the last 4 months
I just can't find time to post regularly.
3 vikend in končno desni kolotek zadaj v temeljni! Skrita rja, pikice rje, povsod razmetana. Speskano, pobrušeno vse pa namazano z wurtohom in sedaj še temeljna. Pride pa še tesnilna masa po vseh spojih sedaj in pa body.
Chassis protected from painting
All wiped with silicone remover
The last check I found some more rust to solve
Some more rust around fuel pipe hole
And painted in primer. Soo hard to paint. Very narrow, tall and inaccessible tower of rear strut. But I made it somehow
I wanted to use a new scudetto from super, which is nicer to me. But in the end, I decided to use the original, since everything else is going to match the old QV look.
Sandblasted some parts for me and friend (rails)
Some parts in 2k primer
Left rear wheel arch. Much less rust, but I know that already.
Night didn't stop me
And painted with wurth rust converter to neutralize all micro holes for rust left.
And painted in 2k primer
I had a problem with one hub. Don't know if the problem because of citron acid taking all rust away or just so used hub. Well, bearing just went freely in and out. So I tried this solution plus Loctite for bearings. I hope it will hold, if not, I will need to replace the hub.
All together. Checked also wheel hub and only 0.05 mm from straight, which is still ok.
I needed to try
And then this shit. The floor of 164
I thought this will be finished very fast, only a few little surface rusts. Mhm..when I started to peel off the body, then I started to see a real image. Still very good for 164, but honestly I expected a bit healthier.
The main problem of rust on all 164.
Finished. How it was and how it is now I am pretty pleased. Still have some more rust on the floor and exhaust tunnel, but that is really small. I will need to cut out some little piece on rear right arm mount because of sheet metal broke and water plus salt came in.
And painted. After around 5 days living under car
Next. I started to work on the gearbox.
After a few days of research, I came to very useful information. I had one original 3.0 12V gearbox. And other which came with my engine but fast notice it's not the same. As it turned out it is 2.0 V6 TB. Of course different gear ratio. 3.0 has 18/56 and V6 TB 17/58. And after more searching, this leads to even better conclusions. Cover of gearboxes tells a lot
2.0 TB has the same cover as QV version.
This is regular 3.0.
In the end, you compare 3.0 QV vs V6 TB and you find out they both have the same hear ratio 17/58. Also, both gearboxes use the big clutch and pull activation which you can find only on QV and V6 TB. So the conclusion is, somebody, put some work in this gearbox and modify it to push system of the smaller clutch which then fits all normal 3.0 V6 engines. Probably only push bearings fork and arm on the fork for cylinder needed to be replaced.
So looks like I will have the same gearbox as on QV engine
Clutch cylinder on gearbox rebuild. It was almost new, but the piston was not moving ok, because of a long time no use. So I rebuild it with new seals.
Plus rear brake cylinder cleaned and ready to paint
Painted with high temp. paint. I need to bake it to make the paint resistant.
With a set of the clutch cylinder, I got the wrong boot. But it looked very similar to gearbox one
Everything great except big diameter. I will solve that by making oilon bush, press it on the gearbox and problem solved.
I started taking the gearbox apart. First I need to clean it outside. Then I will probably take it apart because a lot of gray and little metal pieces came out.
Fast try. Looking great.
Finished rear brake cylinder. Paint baked for 1 hour on 200°C.
Evolution of 164 keys. I will use the one with light which is also most beautiful for me. By luck I found a match of lock and key
Some more OE Alfa stuff bought.
Got very cheap new boot for gear changing rods.
Boot for gearbox changing mechanism rod.
Cover of spark plug
I also started this job. I need to take 3.0 complete dashboard wiring out and put in od TS dashboard which is in great condition compared to 3.0.
A few cables
AND for the end of this post. I got this beauty
Q2 gearbox from147. So 164 is going to be Q2
Almost none metal pieces on the magnet.
Gear taken off. I need to take off bearings, put plastic ring for speedometer from 164 and put new bearings on.
Ow almost forgot. One more thing haha. I got 2 more engines
3.0 12V and 3.0 24V. Few boxes still missing. Plus got new complete engine gaskets for both engines plus some more new stuff.