Home Register Manuals 164 Forum Interactive Library
Login

Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Let us get to know you. (and your 164!)

Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Postby sanddancer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 am

Hi there , i just jumped in at the deep end and bought a Q4 !!......bit of a dream car of mine, so couldnt resist when the opportunity came.
Its a black on black with what appears to be dark red door inserts ?
The vin # is ZAR16400006304974, not sure on year etc as i found it in Japan andc it was registred there as a 2000 ??
Im sure ill be needing some help here as i dont know these cars at all, i was hoping to do a full timing belt service as soon as it arrives, so if anyone can direct me to the best source for parts etc that would be great !!!

Thx
sanddancer

Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Postby alfa east » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:13 am

Hi Sanddancer, welcome! Japanese cars are generally in superb optical condition. Technically, it can be a mixed bag and especially with the 24V engine it's always a good idea to start off with a timing belt change (if you don't know the service history).

As to the year 2000; mine was first registered (in Thailand) in 2001 as it was languishing in the dealer showroom for years as the Asian crisis had hit hard and car sales were down 75% and the last thing people wanted to buy was a big imported Italian limousine. Alfa also changed to a new importer/distributor which didn't help sales for the old one. So, maybe because of similar or other unusual reasons it was only in 2000 that it was road-registered in Japan. Makes yours one of the youngest!

As to sources for parts I prefer to let other forum members make suggestions as it has been quite a while since I last ordered for mine.

Before I forget, we love to see photos!
alfa east
3.0 V6 24V automatic

Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Postby 164EVER » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Hello, welcome from France.
One Q4 more, lucky you it's a very great car.
164EVER

Return to Introduce yourself