hello members help please??? identify my 164

Let us get to know you. (and your 164!)
164aliveinWales

hello members help please??? identify my 164

Post by 164aliveinWales » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:19 pm

WP_20170601_15_02_39_Pro.jpg
Hello everyone I am new to forum but would like help identifying my 164 Alfa 2.0 ????
First of all it was registered in 1995 August, its blue with blue cloth interior, it says SUPER T Spark on the boot and chassis number states its a TS model, what I would like to know is the car a Lusso???? As you probably know I am not best familiar with this Alfa and as I am going to sell it, I would like to know what I am selling and how much I could sell for?? The car has 75k on clock with an M.O.T full electrics including sunroof (all working) interior is excellent for age and exterior has some minor scrapes to bumpers, any info from you guys would be great, many thanks Richard

AlfaWhiz

Re: hello members help please??? identify my 164

Post by AlfaWhiz » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:37 am

Hi Richard,

there was no "Lusso" for the 164, your model is a 1995 "Super" 2.0 TS. Main difference externally are the painted, slightly rounded bumpers with a chrome stripe, compared to the other non-Super models.

Have a look at Autotrader, AutoScout24 or any of those for an idea about the price.

By the way, Alfa has reinstated the "Super" model designation for the new Giulia.

Cheers

alfa east
3.0 V6 24V automatic

Re: hello members help please??? identify my 164

Post by alfa east » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:38 am

It's a low mileage car compared with most 164s out there. If the rest of the car matches the usage (with the exception of the scratches you mentioned) and check the chassis (rear frame especially). If still in good condition it should sell to a enthusiast (in RHD-market) without too much problems. As to the price, I agree with AlfaWhiz, check the market prices and be realistic about the fact that the group of 164-enthusiast is not as large as for some other "typical " Alfa classics, like the Bertone GTVs e.g.