Meeting in Hongkong

Meetings and Events, what is organized in the world of automotive.
164 TD
Q4 owner

Meeting in Hongkong

Post by 164 TD »

Last weekend I had a meet 'n greet in Hongkong with KY2006, proud owner of one of the most beautiful QV's I've seen so far; well maintained and in excellent shape. It happened to be that I had a businesstrip ending in Hongkong on a weekend and both KY2006 and I had that weekend off.
KY2006 picked me up at the hotel with his QV and after a bite to eat at Hongkongs peak overviewing the city, we went for a ride over the islands ending up on a parkinglot where about 20 other Alfaromeo's had their saturdayevening gathering. A second 164 showed up as well and lots of pictures were shot. The next day, very early, we went for a morningride with a lot of other Alfa's along a long and winding coastline to a local restaurant where they served breakfast. Not only the Alfaboys gathered there; a lot of carlovers pick this place to get breakfast.

All in all a fantastic expirience!

The most amazing thing was, driving the 164 since 1990, that I sat in my own seat and I was not having the steeringwheel in front of me!

TD en Q4 owner

KY2006

Re: Meeting in Hongkong

Post by KY2006 »

Thanks, 164TD. It was nice to have you with us last week. Here is a short description about the Hong Kong Alfisti.

In 2006, there were slightly over 300 Alfas registered in Hong Kong, but with the revival of the dealership and more aggressive marketing by the last two dealers, we are having more new Alfas running on our boring streets, and the Alfa is now more popular with younger drivers. Alfa is among the least popular brand in Hong Kong, thanks to mediocre dealership and after-sales service in the last decade.

For a quick survey of what Alfas are running in Hong Kong, take a look at the Alfa Day photo album in the Alfistizone.com site. In 2008, we organized the first Hong Kong Alfa Day and over 100 Alfas attended - here is a link to the first series of the album. Since then it has become an annual event.
http://www.alfistizone.com/viewthread.p ... Alfa%2BDay

Folks may also want to find out how Alfisti in Hong Kong celebrated Alfa Romeo's Centenary in 2010 - we organized a reminiscent vehicular ferry ride. In the old days we had ferries carrying motor cars and bikes across the Victoria Harbour where we enjoyed the shortest (15 minutes) and most affordable "boat cruise", and some took their quick breakfast during the ride - a very popular breakfast (egg, sliced pork with noodle) which is still popular today (as evident in our morning drive breakfast photo). Since we have more cross-harbour tunnels, the vehicular ferry service has been discontinued and the ferries are only available for hire for special functions (e.g. evening dinner cruise).

Enjoy!
http://www.alfistizone.com/viewthread.p ... =page%3D14
Alfan
Q4 owner

Post by Alfan »

Looks like you had a great tour of Hong Kong, Arjen - what a way to go on a business trip 8) One of your photos of the 164 could have been from the sales brochure...

Also looks like the Hong Kong Centenario celebrations were enjoyable :)
1994 Alfa Romeo 164 Q4 Proteo R
1989 Lancia Thema 8.32 Verde Indy
2001 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0 24V Blue Lightning
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Comp
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Anodized Blu
1980 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Blindata Bianco
2003 Alfa Romeo 166 3.2 Grigio
fasani
QV 24V owner

Post by fasani »

Nice trip indeed Arjen, i have to give my compliments to the guy that made those beautifull pictures...
We will read the story in our Dutch club magazine.
1993 24v QV Nero / 1993 24v QV Rosso / 1990 12v QV Nero