164 Q4 for sale

Sell your 164.
Post Reply
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

...
Last edited by xaveriusba on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

some pics:
Last edited by xaveriusba on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

- squadra tuning chip installed, original chip available

Any comments on price idea would be appreciated.

thx
Last edited by xaveriusba on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
164 TD
Q4 owner
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: Honselersdijk

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by 164 TD »

Hard times to sell a car like this; the crisis made the market fo a "nice second car" dissapear. Same reason my Q4 is suspended and stored right now. The government want so much money from me right now that I can only afford to drive the TD for the money I was able to drive the Q4 and the TD 3 years ago.
TD en Q4 owner

Image
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

agree with that, actually governments need a lot of money to support our dear neighbours ;-) but thats probably a little bit off topic...
Anyhow, hope that there are a few interested people out there, it costs me a lot of effort to repair the hydraulics, would be a pitty when it ends up somewhere in a corner or even worse...
User avatar
alfa east
3.0 V6 24V automatic
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by alfa east »

Apart from the economical situation there are quite a few points that influence the decision on buying this car; the fact that it is not known when the last timing belt change was done, the ABS/oil leak has to be sorted, paint job and that it has been converted to a Super; that last thing is maybe a matter of taste but I reckon a Q4 buyer would like to have his car original.
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

alfa east wrote:Apart from the economical situation there are quite a few points that influence the decision on buying this car; the fact that it is not known when the last timing belt change was done, the ABS/oil leak has to be sorted, paint job and that it has been converted to a Super; that last thing is maybe a matter of taste but I reckon a Q4 buyer would like to have his car original.
thanks for you reply. actually I'm not that familiar with Alfa cars - so could you please explain what you mean by "conversion to a Super" - probably I'm wrong but as far as I know, the 164 Q4 1994-1997 came with the 3.0 V6 24V engine @ 232hp... or do you mean sth. else...?
User avatar
hilko
Q4 owner
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by hilko »

xaveriusba wrote: thanks for you reply. actually I'm not that familiar with Alfa cars - so could you please explain what you mean by "conversion to a Super" - probably I'm wrong but as far as I know, the 164 Q4 1994-1997 came with the 3.0 V6 24V engine @ 232hp... or do you mean sth. else...?
Your car does not have the original side panels but instead it has the ones from a "Super".
Pictures tell more than a thousand words:
Image
A Q4 has the panels and skirts like the red QV, the blue 164 is a "Super" edition. The main difference is the looks...
164Q4.... Beauty is not enough.
Image
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

I wasn't aware of that difference but thanks for the info...
fasani
QV 24V owner
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:09 am
Location: Assen

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by fasani »

Does the 2nd engine has the same engine code as the original engines (AR66307 or AR66304)
1993 24v QV Nero / 1993 24v QV Rosso / 1990 12v QV Nero
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

fasani wrote:Does the 2nd engine has the same engine code as the original engines (AR66307 or AR66304)
to be honest, I don't know. I can verify, no problem.

Can anybody help with the location of the engine code?

on the right site of the front cilinder row at the height of the headgasket.

Image

Hendrik
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

sorry, took a moment to answer. If I read well, here the engine code:

AR64307 1000583

best
xaveriusba
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: 164 Q4 for sale

Post by xaveriusba »

...
Post Reply